Two in Thailand

After raising three children and watching them graduate from college, Bob and Carol decided to leave the educational field and pursue a dream that had been put on hold for 35 years (since graduationg from the University of Northern Iowa). "Two in Thailand" is the journal dedicated to that dream - to serve in the Peace Corps. This is a personal blog. The opinions expressed within do not necessarily represent the views of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Carol's "Big Brother/Big Sister Project"


Carol wrote a grant and got approved and funded to start a new program at one of her high schools. The students will go to the neighboring preschool once a week and read books to the "dek-deks". They are shown here constructing an "ABC Coloring Book" for each "dek-dek".

3 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger matt said...

Way to go Mom!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Now that is a great project carol! I wish I would have thought about using my BBBS experience to get something like that started up while I was in campocha!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Now that was quite the good idea there! I wish I would have thought about my BBBS experience while I was in campocha and done the same! Well never to late! Might as well get started doing something like that at my current school here in Thailand!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home