Two in Thailand

After raising three children and watching them graduate from college, Bob and Carol decided to leave the educational field and pursue a dream that had been put on hold for 35 years (since graduationg from the University of Northern Iowa). "Two in Thailand" is the journal dedicated to that dream - to serve in the Peace Corps. This is a personal blog. The opinions expressed within do not necessarily represent the views of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

It's a Small, Small World

















The very first person we met in Thailand (at the Bangkok airport) when we first arrived was "O.P." He asked us where we were from and we told him we were from Moreno Valley, California. He started chanting "MoVal, MoVal" and asked us,"Is Joe Palomino still the principal of MVHS?" Wow, it's a small world!!! "O.P" is a native Thai who happened to attend high school at MVHS in 1984-86, at the time that we first arrived in Moreno Valley from Iowa. He later returned to Thailand and is serving as Security Officer for Peace Corps in Thailand.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Very cool! It is, indeed, a small world!

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Small world. What are the chances?!
I'm not really sure how I stumbled across your blog, Carol.
This is Ed Elliot whom you met many moons ago when you ventured across the border into Nebraska.

Here's another small world: (First you have to know that I am remarried after being widowed.) One time at a party where I had to get stuck next to my wife's ex husband, I told a long story. It involved how I persevered in hiring a MV applicant whose interview was not as good as my impression of him or his good references. When I finished the story, my current wife's ex called across the room to his current wife and said," Ed just told me a story about YOUR ex!" All our jaws dropped.
Small world.
I hope this gets to you. Having just stumbled across your blog, I'm not sure it's current.
Cheers! Ed Elliot eelliot@sbcglobal.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home